Teen Driver Education In-Class & online
TEEN IN-CLASS DRIVER EDUCATION ENROLL NOW
Thank you for choosing Courtesy Driving School! Driving will be one of the most important things you will ever learn. Our goal is to keep you safe by being a responsible driver.
- Your first three days will be spent studying the Texas Driver Handbook. You must study and work hard to learn all the rules for a Class C -Driving Permit. The test can be tricky. You will fail if you do not prepare for it. Take your time on all the material we give you. Do not work ahead, complete the material for each class, each day!!
- You will need to take 8 items when you go to the DPS:
- Application Notarized at CDS
- DE-964-given by CDS after Day 1, 2, & 3 of class
- Texas Residency Affidavit with two items to verify residency.
- Your original birth certificate or a certified copy, or a passport or green card.
- Proof of School enrollment-call school attendance office (VOE).
- Your social security card-Original.
- Parent or notarized application.
- Cost-$16.00 cash or check
- Failure to complete the entire course will result in the cancellation of your permit. You must attend 32 hrs in the classroom and 14 hrs in the car. (7hrs. Driving, 7hrs. observing your classmates drive).
- All your class work will be kept in a folder. The folder will be handed in the 4th day of class. It will stay at CDS until the 16th day. If it is incomplete; you will have to complete your work before credit will be given & Exam can be Taken.
- Your folder must be kept up to date and neat.
- The Drivers Handbook is yours to keep. Put your name on it and do not lose it.
- Always bring your paper and plastic permit for driving. Stay in contact with your driving instructor. $40.00 charge for not cancelling your drive time 24 hours prior.
- Do not write in/on the textbook you are assigned. Do not write on any classroom material. A fine of up to $40.00 will be charged!! Make sure you get your number of book and classroom materials only.
- Drinks are to be kept to a minimum. This means small drinks ONLY, you do not have time to go to food places and return in 10 min. The front office does not have time to clean up after you -this privilege will be revoked if abused!!!
- You must attend the class regularly. The make-up days are for extreme emergencies and illness only. If you miss over 8hrs you will be dropped from the class and your permit cancelled.
- You should go to the DPS and get your permit as soon as possible. They will give you the Permit or Restricted License you will need to complete your in-car instruction. Bring the permit to us ASAP so we can give you instructions on how to sign up for driving in-car. Put both in your wallet or purse and bring both with you every time you drive!!
- You may make-up class at another class day (must match the class you missed) or on open make-up days (call for dates and times).
- We do the written permit test here at Courtesy. After the 5th class day the student and parent can go to the DPS to get the permit to complete the in-car instruction. Put the paper permit and plastic permit (when you receive it) in your wallet or purse and bring it with you every time you drive.
TEEN ONLINE DRIVER EDUCATION Enroll Now
TEXAS INSTRUCTOR TAUGHT DRIVERS ED ENROLL NOW
- Learn to drive on any mobile device
- Texas TDLR-approved,
- Take the official learner permit exam in our app
Do you want to drive like a pro, but can't find the time to prepare for your learners permit test? Courtesy Driving School is here to help you! We know that driving is a must these days, and many driving schools make great promises. We fulfill our promises. We make certain that all our classes are professionally prepared, thorough, and relevant to our customers' needs. Based in Katy, Courtesy Driving School provides On-line Driver Education courses that are clear and easy to learn! We teach you, the nitty-gritty of driving!
Complete the course
Pass the in-app permit test at the end of level 3 and the final exam at the end of the course and we will mail you two certificates: one to get your permit, one to bring back to the driving school to begin behind-the- wheel lessons.
Get your permit at the DPS
Before heading to the DPS, we will send you a checklist of all the items you’ll need to bring with you. At the DPS, you will just take an eye exam.
NOTE: The ITTD video must be watched within 90 days of the road test. After completing the hours with Courtesy, you will receive a certificate of completion (DE964).